Monday, December 22, 2014

A MARSALA NEW YEARS MAKEUP TUTORIAL


There were  A LOT of opinions about Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year , Marsala

The team at Nylon Magazine likened it to the "womp womp at the end of the rainbow," while Rihanna loved it so much she wore it to host the Diamond Ball. Then there was Tynan at xoJane who finds the entire concept of deciding on a Color of the Year to be "manufactured" and "boring." Personally I like the idea of Color of the Year. Also, its the perfect place to start when thinking about your New Years beauty look. What better way to bring in the New Year than in its new shade? Sephora has just released a whole line inspired by Marsala with products starting at $18 and going all the way up to $39. That was little over my budget so I visitted my local drugstore and found Marsala items that were easier on my purse.

Here's the final look. Scroll down to see what I found and what I did to get my Marsala New Years look.


STEP 1:


I started with  moisturized and primed skin. Next I applied Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation ($4.99) in Caramel 350 and Cocoa 370.

STEP 2:


I applied L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer ($8.99) in Medium/Deep W6-7-8 under my eyes and blended with my fingers. 
I then filled in my brows with Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smokey Longwearing Shadow-Pencil ($6.99) in Scorching Brown 625.

 STEP 3:


Since this look is all about true color, I wanted to make sure my Marsala eyeshadow didn't get muddied by my foundation. To insure this, I covered my lid and inner corner in NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.50) in Milk.

 STEP 4:


Next I used a Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Quad ($4.99) in Sandstone Shimmer. Using the small sponges that come in the compact, I applied the crease shade (Marsala) on two thirds of the lid, starting at the inner corner but leaving some of the Milk eyeliner showing through. Next I used the "lid" shade (gold) on the outter third. I then went back into my Marsala shade and blended everything together and pulling the colors up just above the crease. Let shadow set.

 STEP 5:


For Marsala cheeks, I swiped Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze ($7.99) in Make A Mauve in a C shape from the apples of my cheeks up to be hairline and blended heavily with my fingers.

 STEP 6:


I lined my eyes with L'Oreal 12 Hour Infallible Super Slim Eyeliner ($8.95) in Black.

 STEP 7:


For added drama I applied false lashes but like always, this step is optional. I used Ardell Corset Lashes 503 Black ($3.69). I swear by Ardell lashes but the band on these was way too thick and they were extremely uncomfortable. 

 STEP 8:


For Marsalla lips, apply L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour ($8.95) in Saucy Mauve 560.



So what do you think, will you be having a Marsala New Year? Let me know in the comments section below!


Love, Light and Glitter Always!
Valessia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...