Monday, December 15, 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW #1: URBAN DECAY NAKED ON THE RUN PALETTE I


The Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette is supposed to supply all the makeup you need on the go. The large palette houses six eyeshadows, a bronzer, a blush, a travel sized eyeliner and mascara and one full sized lip gloss. This palette is a little heavier than most so carrying it around in your purse wouldn't be ideal but it would be fine in a carry-on or weekender. It would be perfect if you could literally grab this palette on the run but unfortunately you'll have to stop and grab your brushes because UD didn't include any. 

The UD Naked On The Run Shadows: Dive, Fix, Resist, Dare, Stun, 5050

The eyeshadows are all gorgeous and I'm positive that (if used correctly). each could work on any skin tone. A personal drawback is that you get a double dose of 5050 which according to the UD website is "the perfect all over shade." That might be true for some people, but on darker skin tones, as anything more than a highlighter, I think you would just end up looking ashy. I love that you get a mix of mattes and shimmers, giving you the capability of achieving an endless amount looks!

Dive is a warm metallic rose. This shade was very flattering on darker skin and would be perfect for the holidays.

Fix is a matte brown, similar to the color of cafe au lait. If built up too much, the result could be a little ashy on my skin but one swipe was very flattering.

Resist is a metallic milk chocolate. Confession: I'm obsessed with shimmery brown eye shadows. ALL OF THEM! There's so much you can do with them! Go subtle for a natural glow or dark for a smoldering smokey eye. I'm completely biased by Resist was easily my favorite shade in the pallet.

Dare is a matte brown shade of coco. Dare is nearly the same color as Resist, perfect for brown girls who don't like shimmer.

Stun is a deep metallic brown with fine flecks of gold and bronze. Stun is great for a dramatic but natural look. I would love to mix it on the same eye as Dive and Resist. (Remember the smoldering smokey eye?)

5050 is a warm matte cream. This shade went on well but I would use it sparingly. It would make a great highlighter under the brows and in the inner corners of the eye.


UD Naked On The Run Blush and Bronzer
The blush was fantastic. I love the satin finish and the saturated color. Bright colors work very well with dark skin and I can't get enough of them. In the palette, Blush looks like a highly pigmented neon pink but it goes on subtly and continues to build as you apply.Swipe once for a natural glow or twice for real drama.

The bronzer is also pretty but not as flattering on darker skin. I find that bronzers are usually full of large pieces of glitter, I'm happy to report, this shade isn't! Bronzer is a little pale for my skin but the texture was lovely and would suit the a lighter person beautifully.

Also in the UD Naked On The Run Palette: 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Stag, Naked lip gloss in Sesso and Perversion Mascara in Blackest Black

I didn't expect much of the eyeliner, I've never used a brown liner and I didn't think it would be flattering. I was wrong! Stag has a satin finish and is a great replacement for traditional black liner. It wore well and the lighter shade made my eyes look bigger. Another upside, brown liner means black lashes really stand out!

Like the rest of the world, I'm all about matte lip right now but Sesso worked well for me. The shade was subtle but the gloss stayed on well and wasn't sticky.

I adored the Perversion Mascara so much I might have to break up with my Lancome Hypnose Drama. UD isn't lying when they call the color Blackest Black. My lashes look long and full but not clumpy. The mascara also worked fantastically when I applied it over false lashes.

Have you tried the Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below.

Check back Wednesday for the second part of this review where I'll show you how to use your Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette to take your travel look from Day to Night.


Love, Light and Glitter Always!
Valessia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...