Monday, December 1, 2014

BEYWATCH #1: "Haunted" Music Video Makeup Tutorial

 You're already a flawless beautiful unicorn, BEYWATCH tutorials are here to show you how your makeup can be flawless too!

When Beyonce's Haunted video popped up in the news today, I knew it had to be my first blog post. Featured in the film adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey, check out the video below.



Here's my take Beyonce's makeup from the Haunted video. Keep scrolling to see how I did it.


STEP 1: BUILD YOUR BASE
Apply your foundation, focusing mostly on your T-Zone. 
I used Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 530 Suede C. 


STEP 2: CONTOUR & CONCEAL
Use a foundation in a color 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone to contour below the cheekbones and along your jaw. I used Black Opal True Color Stick Foundation in Suede Mocha. Use your Beauty Blender in a patting and rolling motion to blend your contour into your foundation. Use a foundation or concealer in a shade 2-3 shades lighter than your skin tone to highlight your forehead & nose, under your brows, under your eyes (extending out along your cheekbones to your hairline), your cupids bow and your chin. I used L'Oreal Paris True Match Crayon Concealer in Medium/Deep Warm W6-7-8. Use your Beauty Blender in the same patting and rolling motion to blend your concealer into your foundation.


STEP 3: HIGHLIGHT
To achieve Beyonce's glow, I applied Benefit Watt's Up! everywhere I applied my concealer. I then blended everything out with my fingers.


STEP 4: SET YOUR BASE
Using a fluffy blush brush, set everything with a translucent powder. I used the Sephora Collection Brush #52 and Sephora Smoothing Translucent Setting Powder.


STEP 5: BROWS
Prime your lids and eye brows. I used URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original. Using a color one shade lighter than your hair, lightly fill in your brows. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade in Ebony and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #12.


STEP 6: EYES
Use a light blue eye shadow on the mobile lid, bringing it up just above the crease and around the entire eye. I used  Lancome Color Design Infinite 24H in 401 Magnetic Teal. Lightly dust a navy shadow over the the light blue, work it in heavier on the outer corner and under the eyes. I used Lancome Color Design in Sapphire Lace. Tight line your eyes with black waterproof eyeliner and apply a thick coat of black mascara on your top and bottom lashes. I used Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof in Noir and Lancome Hypnose Drama in Excessive Black


STEP 7: LIPS
Finish everything off with a swipe of deep red lip gloss. I didn't have the right shade so Imixed Kat VonD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira and YSL Gloss Volupte in Smoking.





Let me know your thoughts and share pics of your own take on this look in the comments below!


Love, Light and Glitter Always!
Valessia



THIS POST WAS FEATURED IN THE WEEKLY ROUND UP AT INDEPENDENT FASHION BLOGGERS!

lalam1204

Keep it Clever

Do you know the difference between a cocktail dress and a gown? Do you know how a man's suit should fit? How about what you should buy on vacation (as there are SO many things!)... Well, for all the little bits and pieces you need to know this season, we've got you covered in this week's links!

Links à la Mode: December 4th

SPONSOR: Shopbop App Melissa shoes, Narciso, Women's Watches, Mackage, Swell Bottles , Men's JeansClutches, Shapewear, Tretorns, Herschel backpacks & Kate Spade Bags

2 comments:

  1. So amazing tutorial! You look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anita! Keep checking back for more tutorials and product reviews!!

      Love & Light,
      Valessia

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...