Thursday, January 15, 2015

NOT FAIR #3: Katharine McPhee at People's Choice 2015

Hey there, Unicorns! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Today I'll be doing another episode of NOT FAIR. 

Unicorns come in all shades so why don't Celebrity Makeup Tutorials? NOT FAIR tutorials show the makeup if fair skinned celebrities on brown skin.

Today is all about Katharine McPhee at the 2015 People's Choice Awards. 


I'll get to the makeup but her look definitely deserves an honorable mention! She looked positively amazing in Balmain!

Ok back to business, scroll down to see my version of Katharine's look and how I achieved it. 

Here's my version of McPhee's look.

For some reason my camera didn't pick up the light bouncing off my makeup. Imagine this exact look but with shimmer shimmer everywhere!

BASE

Step 1. 
McPhee seems to glow from within so I skipped my usual foundation and applied my favorite tinted moisturizer,  Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Deep. 

Step 2.
 I used a mixture of Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer in Suede and Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer in Medium under my eyes. 
(I also applied the Dermablend under my brows as highlight)

Step 3. 
To add a little shimmer, apply a brown liquid bronzer. I used Murad Absolute Bronzing Boost on the highest points on my face - Cheekbones, Chin, Forehead and Nose. To really emphasize the highlight, add a lighter shade of shimmer at the center of all the places you put the bronzer. I used Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up! 

EYES

Step 1. 
I applied Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original from lash line and up above my brows.

Step 2. 
McPhee's brows are high with a wide arch. I filled mine in with Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pommade in Ebony.

Step 3.  
All of the shadows in this look are from the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. Mushroom from lash line to crease, then I blended up and out. I went over that from mid-lid to inner corner with Freestyle and Kinky on the inner corner only.

Step 4. 
I lined from the inner corner to the mid-lid with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Stag (this is the liner that comes with the Naked On the Run Palette - See my review HERE). I also used it on the outter portion of my waterline.

Step 5.
 I lined from the mid-lid to the outter corner and winged it out in a gentle cat eye with 
Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper. 

Step 6.
 I used my new favorite, Urban Decay Perversion Mascara on my top and bottom lashes.

Step 7.
 I finished everything with my go to falsies, Ardell 120 Demi Lashes.

LIPS

I applied Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira.




Love, Light & Glitter Always!
Valessia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...