Thursday, April 23, 2015

A 1920's Look For No Reason At All

It's been too long lovely Unicorns! 
I'm so excited to report the reason I've been gone is because I was away getting married. That's right, beauties, I'm officially a Mrs. 

I promise promise never to leave you again!

Now let's get to business. I had the pleasure of attending a 1920's themed birthday party and decided to go in full flapper realness! I based my look on the prolific Josephine Baker. A groundbreaking black beauty and historic UNICORN.

Here she is in all her glory...



And here is my take on her look.




STEP 1:


As always, begin with a clean moisturized and primed face. I used Lancome La Base Pro primer and my favorite tinted moisturizer, Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Deep.

STEP 2:


I used  Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer in Tan and Bronze to focus the light at the center of my face. I applied Tan in a triangle under my eyes, in a straight line down the center of my nose, and on my cupids bow. Next I applied Bronze on the top of my cheek bones and on the sides of my nose. As you can see on the right side of my face, I blended everything out using my Sephora Collection Multitasker Brush #45.

STEP 3:


Instead of using an eye shadow primer, using a stiff concealer brush, I spread Lancome Liner Design Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in 601 Black Fishnets over my lids, focusing on the inner corner and extending it by my tear duct.

STEP 4:

For this look I used Blackout and Asphalt from my Urban Decay Smoked Palette. Unfortunately this palette is discontinued. Blackout is sold as a single and while Asphalt isn't available, Oil Slick is an excellent replacement. Buy them both here.


Using the fluffy side of my BareMinerals Double Ended Precision Brush, I applied Blackout from lash line to crease and applied Asphalt from crease to above my eyebrow. I then used the liner shadow end to blend the to shades together.

STEP 5:


With Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Noir I lined all the way around my eyes. I then went over it with the blend tool on the other side of the pencil.

STEP 6:


Using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony, I drew in the skinniest roundest brow I've ever worn. For a guide, just follow the line you made with your eye shadow.

STEP 7:



Add long luxurious lashes! I used my  favorite lashes for night, Christina #WSP. These are exactly the same as Red Cherry #WSP and are available in bulk here.

STEP 8:

Now for the best part. LIPS!

I knew I'd have to completely change the shape of my lips for this look so I applied Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer in Bronze to remove all pink shades in my natural lips and blend them in with the rest of my face.
 Next, with a dark lip liner, I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic Colour Pencil in Tarred,  I outlined a doll like mouth with an exaggerated cupid's bow. I then filled in the corners of my mouth with the same liner.

STEP 9:

I filled the center of my lips with my favorite lipstick, Kat VonD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita. Then using a lipstick brush, I blended the black and rose shades together with Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense in 50 - Satin Black.

THE FINAL LOOK!



Do you have a favorite decade of beauty?

Let me know in the comments section below!



Love, Light & Glitter Always,
Valessia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...